Compensation Information

Last updated: 21 September 2018

Compensation Information

Information on Compensation

Here you can find out more about the role of the Independent Advisory Service, Independent Compensation Panel, and the Independent Complaints Commissioner.

Building the tunnel is a major construction project and some of our work will have an impact on local communities. We are absolutely committed to keeping this to a minimum. We are using construction techniques and equipment that will minimise disruption and we are also committed to letting you know what work will be happening and when.

It’s really important that we understand if you feel our works affect you. So if you work shifts, work from home, have a medical condition, are house bound, are vulnerable or are a business suffering a financial loss, please let us know.

The following documents provide more information: 

Independent Advisory Service (IAS)

The Independent Advisory Service gives independent advice to those affected by Tideway works. Tideway mitigation and compensation policies, explaining how they work and how you may benefit from them.

> More IAS information

Independent Compensation Panel (ICP)

The ICP is a Panel of experts drawn from a variety of disciplines, including noise and vibration, compensation, exceptional hardship, building surveying, engineering and medical matters. They will assess all claims using their experience, knowledge and the evidence presented to them. The work of the ICP is described in Tideway’s Non-Statutory Off-Site Mitigation and Compensation Policy. It’s important that all claims go to the ICP as this provides assurance that all claims are assessed consistently and fairly. 

> More ICP information

Independent Complaints Commissioner (ICC)

If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from the Independent Compensation Panel, you may contact the Independent Complaints Commissioner (ICC), who will ensure that the correct process has been followed.

The ICC will also investigate unresolved complaints to ascertain whether the project has met its commitments and complied with agreed policies and procedures.

> More ICC information

How we can help you

  • Speak to a member of your local Tideway team. This can be via a Community Liaison Working Group meeting, or you can drop into a Tideway Community Information Centre.
  • Phone the Helpdesk on 08000 30 80 80 or email: [email protected] and tell us what problems you are experiencing and what available support you would like to be considered for.
  • You can also contact the Independent Advisory Service (IAS) on 0800 917 8845 and ask about what you could be entitled to. They will be able to help you find out whether you may be entitled to mitigation or compensation. You can also email the IAS team direct at: [email protected].