Cremorne Wharf Depot
At Cremorne Wharf Depot, we have started piling works on our drop shaft and interception chamber, which will eventually connect the sewage overflows on this site to our new tunnel. 52 metal secant piles will be installed 17m deep into the ground to shape the 12m diameter shaft. The team will then install a capping beam, a reinforced concrete structure, around the top of the piles to secure the structure before the area within is excavated. The shaft will be 45m deep once complete, and lined using sprayed concrete.
Once piling for the shaft is complete, the team will begin piling for the interception chamber structure. 57 piles will be installed using the same technique as for the shaft.
What are our working hours?
Our current working hours are:
08:00 - 18:00 Monday - Friday
08:00 -13:00 Saturday
A mobilisation period of up to one hour may be required before and after the standard working hours.
We hope you can join us for our next community liaison working group meeting for Cremorne Wharf Depot on Tuesday 3 September 2019. The meeting will start at 18:30 at the Chelsea Academy.
Our most recent CLWG was held on 15th May 2019 at the Chelsea Academy.
- All static machinery and plant is screened or enclosed
- Hoarding has been erected on the site boundaries
- Vehicle movements avoid school traffic
- Use of low level directional lighting
- The excavated material handling area is enclosed
- Real-time noise monitoring is being carried out at locations agreed with the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
There are lots of ways to find out what’s happening at this site, you can:
- Call our 24 hour Tideway Helpdesk 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected]
- Take a moment to read the latest updates on the noticeboards on our hoardings.
- Email our dedicated Community Relations teams available to answer your questions or meet with you, via [email protected]
- Join our regular Community Liaison Working Group meetings, to attend the meetings or receive the minutes and presentations from past meetings, email [email protected].