Cremorne Wharf Depot
At the Cremorne Wharf Depot site, located on Lots Road, the team are working towards constructing a 45m deep shaft and interception chamber on site, to intercept the outfalls from the Lots Road Pumping station that currently pollutes the river at this site.
Before excavation can begin, the team are installing a number of piles around the perimeter of the structures to secure the ground contained within as they excavate. These piles will act as a primary lining for the first section of the shaft and interception chamber. 17 of the 52 piles have been driven into the ground for the shaft, and 28 of 52 for the interception chamber. We expect this activity will be ongoing until mid-November. Following which, the team will cast a concrete capping beam around the perimeter of both structures before excavating down.
What are our working hours?
Our current working hours are:
08:00 - 18:00 Monday - Friday
08:00 -13:00 Saturday
A mobilisation period of up to one hour may be required before and after the standard working hours.
- All static machinery and plant is screened or enclosed
- Hoarding has been erected on the site boundaries
- Vehicle movements avoid school traffic
- Use of low level directional lighting
- The excavated material handling area is enclosed
- Real-time noise monitoring is being carried out at locations agreed with the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea
There are lots of ways to find out what’s happening at this site, you can:
- Call our 24 hour Tideway Helpdesk 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected]
- Take a moment to read the latest updates on the noticeboards on our hoardings.
- Email our dedicated Community Relations teams available to answer your questions or meet with you, via [email protected]
- Join our regular Community Liaison Working Group meetings, to attend the meetings or receive the minutes and presentations from past meetings, email [email protected].