Falconbrook Pumping Station
The team at Falconbrook Pumping Station recently completed secant piling that will shape our 42m deep 10.5m diameter shaft. A total of 53 piles were augered into the ground at a depth of 13m. This work will secure the area within the shaft as we dig down and install our pre cast concrete segment lining.
The next stage is to install a capping beam around the shaft perimeter, a reinforced concrete structure on top of the piles holding them in place. This will require us to break down a number of the concrete piles using either a cutting and break, splitting or wire saw technique.
We are now installing secant piles for our interception chamber that will eventually connect the sewage overflows to our new shaft. This work will be similar to the piling we conducted for the shaft perimeter and will be ongoing until early September.
What are our working hours?
Standard working hours
08:00 - 18:00 Monday - Friday
08:00 - 13:00 Saturday
Extended working hours
We are currently working extended working hours to complete piling works
07:00 - 19:00 Monday to Friday
A mobilisation period of up to one hour may be required before and after standard working hours.
There will be a period of 24/7 works, the majority of which will be underground
We held a drop-in session for residents in November 2018.
The date for our next drop-in session will be announced soon.
- Advanced tree planting in York Gardens ahead of the start of construction
- Access to the York Gardens Library and Community Centre and York Gardens Adventure Playground has been maintained
- No construction traffic access the site through the residential area from Lavender Road
- Construction traffic access the site via new entry and exit points off York Road
- Pedestrian access from York Road to York Gardens has been maintained
- All static machinery and plant is screened or enclosed
- Hoarding has been erected on the site boundaries
- The excavated material handling area is enclosed
There are lots of ways to find out what’s happening at this site, you can:
- Call our 24 hour Tideway Helpdesk 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected]
- Take a moment to read the latest updates on the noticeboards on our hoardings.
- Email our dedicated Community Relations teams available to answer your questions or meet with you, via [email protected]
- Join our regular Community Liaison Working Group meetings, to attend the meetings or receive the minutes and presentations from past meetings, email [email protected].