Following a pause to our works as part of our response to the COVID-19 outbreak, we have resumed some construction work at our Kirtling Street site. We have introduced several additional precautions so that our team can do this work safely.
Millicent, our westbound tunnel boring machine (TBM), completed her 5km journey to Carnwath Road in Fulham in November 2019. We are currently decommissioning and removing the giant tunnelling machine from the tunnel.
Ursula, our eastbound TBM, has completed 4.4km of her 7.5km journey to Chambers Wharf in Bermondsey. Is currently beneath our Blackfriars Bridge Foreshore site, where she has safely paused to undergo some planned reconfiguration work to prepare the machine for the remaining stretch of her journey.
All non-essential staff who can work from home are doing so.
If you have any questions about this or our site at Kirtling Street please get in touch with our helpdesk on 08000 30 80 80 or [email protected]
What are our working hours?
As we are now in the tunnelling phase of construction, we are working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week across the site.
As a precautionary measure due to the current public health situation, our Community Liaison Working Group meeting is currently postponed.
We’re sorry for any inconvenience this might cause, however please get in touch via our 24-hour Helpdesk on 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected] if you would like to speak to a member of the team.
Previous minutes are available upon request.
- There is a noise enclosure over the tunnel drive shaft as we have started works
- All static machinery and plant is screened or enclosed
- Hoarding has been erected on the site boundaries
- Vehicle movements outside of standard hours are restricted
- Use of low level directional lighting
- The excavated material handling area will be enclosed
- Timber fenders will be installed on the jetty
- Acoustic barriers will be installed on the jetty
- Call our 24 hour Tideway Helpdesk 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected]
- Take a moment to read the latest updates on the noticeboards on our hoardings.
- Email our dedicated Community Relations teams available to answer your questions or meet with you, via [email protected]
- Join our regular Community Liaison Working Group meetings, to attend the meetings or receive the minutes and presentations from past meetings, email [email protected].