At our Kirtling Street site in Battersea, we have launched two 8.8m diameter tunnel boring machines (TBMs) from a 46m deep shaft constructed within our acoustic enclosure. The TBMs are digging a combined 12.5km of our new tunnel.
Millicent, our westbound TBM, has completed her 5km journey to our Carnwath Road site in Fulham, installing over 2,700 concrete segment rings as the primary lining for this section of tunnel. On her journey, she passed famous London locations such as Battersea Park and the Royal Hospital Chelsea. We are now decommissioning the machine and removing supporting structures, materials and equipment from the tunnel.
Ursula, our eastbound TBM, is continuing to dig towards our Chambers Wharf site in Bermondsey. She has completed 4.4km of her 7.5km journey since her launch last year, recently passing Waterloo Bridge in Central London. When Ursula reaches our site at Blackfriars Bridge Foreshore, she will undergo an intervention for around 4-8 weeks, allowing us to change the cutting tools on the face of the TBM and prepare Ursula for the final part of her journey.
If you would like to receive works updates via email, please contact [email protected].
What are our working hours?
As we are now in the tunnelling phase of construction, we are working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week across the site.
The next CLWG meeting for Kirtling Street and Heathwall Pumping Station will be held on Thursday 19 March from 19:00 - 21:00 at our Kirtling Street site offices.
Previous minutes are available upon request.
If you have any queries about this site or the Project, please contact the Tideway Helpdesk anytime on 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected]
- There is a noise enclosure over the tunnel drive shaft as we have started works
- All static machinery and plant is screened or enclosed
- Hoarding has been erected on the site boundaries
- Vehicle movements outside of standard hours are restricted
- Use of low level directional lighting
- The excavated material handling area will be enclosed
- Timber fenders will be installed on the jetty
- Acoustic barriers will be installed on the jetty
- Call our 24 hour Tideway Helpdesk 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected]
- Take a moment to read the latest updates on the noticeboards on our hoardings.
- Email our dedicated Community Relations teams available to answer your questions or meet with you, via [email protected]
- Join our regular Community Liaison Working Group meetings, to attend the meetings or receive the minutes and presentations from past meetings, email [email protected].