King George's Park (Wandsworth)
King George's Park (Wandsworth)
The King George’s Park site encompasses a small part of the northern end of King George’s Park adjacent to the entrance from Buckhold Road and the junction of Buckhold Road and Neville Gill Close.
The site will be used to connect the existing Frogmore Storm Relief–Buckhold Road combined sewer overflow to the main tunnel via the Frogmore connection tunnel.
At the end of August, we commence the excavation of the cofferdam on our site. The excavation works are required so we can access the existing combined sewer overflow (CSO) pipe prior to removing it. As agreed with London Borough of Wandsworth, the work will be carried out within three days, working on a 24 hours basis. These works are subject to good weather conditions. Read More
On Monday 24 September we need to undertake sewer lining works on Neville Gill Close for three nights. As we need access to the sewer system underneath the road, it has been agreed with London Borough of Wandsworth that these works will take place during the night to minimise disruption to traffic on Buckhold Road. Read More
Want to know more or get involved?
There are lots of ways to find out what’s happening at this site, you can:
- Call our 24 hour Tideway Helpdesk 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected].
- Take a moment to read the latest updates on the noticeboards on our hoardings.
- Visit Tideway's Community Information Centre at Carnwath Road, the first Tuesday of the month, 3pm – 7pm. Our team will be able to answer your questions and talk about the work.
- Join our regular Community Liaison Working Group meetings, to attend the meetings or receive the minutes and presentations from past meetings, email [email protected]. Meeting details will be emailed, published online and on site hoardings.
King George's Park - Latest news
A new footpath has been created at King George's Park.
Tideway's River Times - West
The latest issue of Tideway's new regular community newsletter, produced especially for our neighbours in the west section of the project.
King George's Park - Site Information
What are our working hours?
Standard working hours are 8am to 6pm Monday-Friday and 8am-12pm Saturday. Also, there is a 1 hour mobilisation period before and after the Standard Working Hours, plus maintenance periods on Saturday 1-5pm and Sundays 10am-4pm.
There will be no 24-hour working at this site.
How will we access the site?
An anticipated daily average of four heavy goods vehicles will access the site for the majority of the construction period. This will rise to approximately eight heavy goods vehicles per day over an estimated four month period while the shaft is being excavated.
King George's Park - Community Liaison Working Group
The next King George's Park and Dormay Street CLWG will take place on Thursday 22 November, 7-9pm, at The Brewer's Inn (147 East Hill, Wandsworth, SW18 2QB).
King George's Park - How we will minimise disruption
- Hoarding will be erected along the site boundary
- The contractor will protect trees, in particular the Black Poplar tree along the boundary with Neville Gill Close and the Red Oak tree at the northern edge of the park
- The site area will be returned to public use as soon as practicable, including potential phasing
- Set limits to control activities, such as noise (Section 61 approval) from LB Wandsworth