Dormay Street (Wandsworth)
Dormay Street (Wandsworth)
The Dormay Street site comprises land within the Thames Water’s ownership. This includes part of the Frogmore Depot and Causeway Island, as well as the use of a section of The Causeway running down to the junction with Dormay Street and Armoury Way.
This site will be used to connect the existing local combined sewer overflow to the main tunnel. It is also used to drive a long connection tunnel southwards to King George’s Park and northwards to Carnwath Road Riverside, to connect the combined sewer overflows at Dormay Street and King George’s Park to the main tunnel. This long connection tunnel is known as the Frogmore connection tunnel.
From the beginning of June, we will be strengthening the river walls. This is to protect and secure the river wall prior to the next phase of works. This will take approximately eight weeks to complete. Read More
On Monday 30 July we will be taking delivery of the main support crane which will be used for our shaft sinking and construction activities. Read More
Want to know more or get involved?
There are lots of ways to find out what’s happening at this site, you can:
- Call our 24 hour Tideway Helpdesk 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected].
- Take a moment to read the latest updates on the noticeboards on our hoardings.
- Visit Tideway's Community Information Centre at Carnwath Road, the first Tuesday of the month, 3pm – 7pm. Our team will be able to answer your questions and talk about the work.
- Join our regular Community Liaison Working Group meetings, to attend the meetings or receive the minutes and presentations from past meetings, email [email protected]. Meeting details will be emailed, published online and on site hoardings.
Tideway's River Times - West
The latest issue of Tideway's new regular community newsletter, produced especially for our neighbours in the west section of the project.
Dormay Street - Site Information
What are our working hours?
Standard working hours are 8am to 6pm Monday-Friday and 8am-1pm Saturday. Also, there is a 1 hour mobilisation period before and after the Standard Working Hours, plus maintenance periods on Saturday 1-5pm and Sundays 10am-4pm.
There will be approximately nine months of 24-hour working. However, activities will be predominantly below ground
How will we access the site?
An anticipated daily average of eight heavy goods vehicles will access the site for the majority of the construction period. This will rise to approximately 25 heavy goods vehicles per day over an estimated four month period while the Frogmore connection tunnel is excavated.
Dormay Street - Important site documents
Dormay Street - How we will minimise disruption
- Hoarding will be erected along the site boundary
- Vehicle movements outside of standard hours will be restricted
- Use of low level directional lighting
- Set limits to control activities, such as noise (Section 61 approval) from LB Wandsworth
Dormay Street - Community Liaison Working Group
The next Dormay Street and King George's Park CLWG will take place on Thursday 22 November, 7-9pm, at The Brewer's Inn (147 East Hill, Wandsworth, SW18 2QB).