Bazalgette Tunnel Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Bazalgette Tunnel Limited of Cottons Centre, Cottons Lane, London SE1 2QG.
Our data protection officer and nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Celia Carlisle.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.tideway.london (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to receive our newsletters, participate in online polls or similar activities, communicate directly with us via e-mail or feedback forms and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include personally identifiable information, such as your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
Our site uses the following cookies:
- localStorage.cookies: this cookie is turned on when the user first visits the site on a device (and shows the black cookie dropdown at the very top of the screen). This cookie makes sure that the dropdown bar does not reappear.
- localStorage.local: this cookie reads whether you have selected to filter news by local area or not.
- localStorage.userArea: this cookie detects the site closest to you, if you have allowed browser access to your location (eg. Action Storm Tanks).
- localStorage.userPostcode: this is the first part of your postcode (eg. HA5).
- localStorage.user_lat: this is the latitude coordinate of your location.
- localStorage.user_lng: this is the longitude coordinate of your location.
By using our site, you agree that we can store and access the above cookies on your computer or device. You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to respond to specific queries submitted via email or feedback forms;
- to keep you informed about the progress of the Tideway proposals (for example, via our newsletters);
- for maintaining the book of reference of those with relevant interests in the land affected by the Tideway proposals (and keeping it up to date) and for the purposes of serving any notices which may be required to be served in connection with the proposals;
- to improve the content of our site, customise our site to your preferences and ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- for the purpose of consultation, statistical analysis, profiling and administration of the Thames Tideway Tunnel project;
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to report aggregate information;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you will not be transferred to, or stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") and will be stored on the secure servers of Amazon Web Services.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected] or by writing to the Data Protection Officer, Bazalgette Tunnel Limited, Cottons Centre, Cottons Lane, London SE1 2QG.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.