Blackfriars Bridge Foreshore
At Blackfriars Bridge Foreshore, the team have started the first phase of shaft excavation. Piles were installed into the ground using an auger before the team installed a concrete capping beam around the perimeter of the shaft. The team have now started digging down within the perimeter. Once the shaft is excavated to 25m, works in this area will stop until the tunnel boring machine, Ursula, has passed under the site. This will allow for the machine to stop and undergo vital maintenance at this site before progressing on to Chambers Wharf in Bermondsey.
In the eastern section of the cofferdam, preparation for the construction of the floated culvert is ongoing. Pre-cast planks base planks will be installed, on which the culvert will be constructed.
What are our working hours?
Standard Working Hours
08:00 - 18:00 Monday - Friday
08:00 - 13:00 Saturday
Extended Working Hours
We are currently working the following hours in both cofferdams
07:00 - 18:00 Monday - Friday
07:00 - 13:00 Saturday
There is a one hour mobilisation period before and after Standard Working Hours, plus maintenance periods on Saturday 1-5pm and Sundays 10am-4pm.
If you would like to meet our team to discuss progress and updates, please contact [email protected]
- All static machinery and plant is screened or enclosed
- The excavated material handling area has been enclosed
- Vehicle movements are strictly limited to set times and coordinated to ensure that no lorries queue outside of the site
- Footpath diversions are clearly signposted
- Hoarding has been erected on the site boundaries
- Wherever possible, push (silent) piling has been used during the construction of Millennium Pier
There are lots of ways to find out what’s happening at this site, you can:
- Call our 24 hour Tideway Helpdesk 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected]
- Take a moment to read the latest updates on the noticeboards on our hoardings.
- Email our dedicated Community Relations teams available to answer your questions or meet with you, via [email protected]
- Join our regular Community Liaison Working Group meetings, to attend the meetings or receive the minutes and presentations from past meetings, email [email protected].