Blackfriars Bridge Foreshore
Our Blackfriars Bridge site reopened on Wednesday 2nd January following the Christmas break.
Further works updates to follow.
As well as jet grouting to stabilise the ground within the Eastern cofferdam to enable the 66m deep shaft to be excavated safely, we have been busy completing the Western cofferdam.
What are our working hours?
Standard working hours are 8am to 6pm Monday-Friday and 8am-1pm Saturday. Also, there is a 1 hour mobilisation period before and after the Standard Working Hours, plus maintenance periods on Saturday 1-5pm and Sundays 10am-4pm.
There may be periods of continuous (24/7) working to complete marine works in close proximity to the London Underground Waterloo and City Line (near Blackfriars Bridge) and also for some of the shaft/tunnelling works. These periods will be minimised as much as possible.
Loading of barges and barge movements would take place within standard hours.
For more information on our site at Blackfriars Embankment Foreshore, come along to our Community Liaison Working Group.
The date of the next meeting is to be confirmed.
We have committed to using river transport as much as possible to reduce the number of heavy goods vehicles on the roads.
For Blackfriars Bridge Foreshore we anticipate an average of three barges will access the site per day, subject to the tides, with each barge taking approximately 56 heavy goods vehicles off the road.
An anticipated daily average of 11 heavy goods vehicles would access the site each day. This will rise to approximately 46 per day for approximately three months during the peak of activity
- All static machinery and plant is screened or enclosed
- The excavated material handling area has been enclosed
- Vehicle movements are strictly limited to set times and coordinated to ensure that no lorries queue outside of the site
- Footpath diversions are clearly signposted
- Hoarding has been erected on the site boundaries
- Wherever possible, push (silent) piling has been used during the construction of Millennium Pier
There are lots of ways to find out what’s happening at this site, you can:
- Call our 24 hour Tideway Helpdesk 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected]
- Take a moment to read the latest updates on the noticeboards on our hoardings.
- Email our dedicated Community Relations teams available to answer your questions or meet with you, via [email protected]
- Join our regular Community Liaison Working Group meetings, to attend the meetings or receive the minutes and presentations from past meetings, email [email protected].