Chelsea Embankment Foreshore
At our Chelsea Embankment Foreshore site, the team have completed piling for the overflow weir chamber on the north site that will intercept the overflows from the existing Low Level 1 Sewer currently operating in this location. The team are now working on installing a concrete capping beam on top of the piles to secure them and create a steady working area to excavate. The overflow weir chamber will eventually connect to the shaft on the south site through an underground connection culvert.
Within the south site cofferdam, a new area of land built into the river to allow the team to work, piling for the interception chamber and combined sewer overflow (CSO) shaft is ongoing. The piles, bored to around 21m below ground, will outline the permanent structures that will connect the over flow points at this site to the main tunnel. The interception chamber will connect the existing Ranelagh CSO to the shaft which will divert the overflows to the main tunnel.
What are our working hours?
Standard Working Hours
08:00 - 18:00 Monday - Friday
08:00 - 13:00 Saturday
There is a mobilisaiton period of up to one hour both before and after the working hours plus maintenance periods on Saturday 1-5pm and Sundays 10am-4pm.
If you would like to meet the team to discuss our progress, please contact us at [email protected]
Our last community drop-in session was held in May 2019.
- All static machinery and plant is screened or enclosed
- Hoarding has been erected on the site boundaries
- Vehicle movements outside of standard hours is restricted
- Use of low level directional lighting
- The excavated material handling area is enclosed
- Two-way traffic flow along Chelsea Embankment has been maintained
- Public access to important events, such as Chelsea Flower Show and Masterpiece events, will be maintained
- Footpath diversions are clearly signposted
There are lots of ways to find out what’s happening at this site, you can:
- Call our 24 hour Tideway Helpdesk 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected]
- Take a moment to read the latest updates on the noticeboards on our hoardings.
- Email our dedicated Community Relations teams available to answer your questions or meet with you, via [email protected]
- Join our regular Community Liaison Working Group meetings, to attend the meetings or receive the minutes and presentations from past meetings, email [email protected].