Chelsea Embankment Foreshore
Works at our Chelsea Embankment site are progressing well.
On our north site, we will soon begin work install a temporary steel flume in the existing Bazalgette Low Level 1 (LL1) sewer to allow maintain the sewer flows as we construct our overflow weir chamber.
The works will take approximately 12 weeks to complete, beginning in early-October. All our works will be taking place during core hours Monday to Saturday 07:00 to 19:00.
On the South site, within the cofferdam (a dry working area built into the river) the team have been installing secant piles to outline the shaft, interception chamber and river wall structures. All of these piles have been installed, a total of over 350. The team will now crop the piles down to ensure they are all level, before they cast concrete around the perimeter of each of the structures. This cast concrete is known as a capping beam, and will secure the piles in place as the team begin to excavate downwards.
What are our working hours?
Standard Working Hours
08:00 - 18:00 Monday - Friday
08:00 - 13:00 Saturday
There is a mobilisaiton period of up to one hour both before and after the working hours plus maintenance periods on Saturday 1-5pm and Sundays 10am-4pm.
If you would like to meet the team to discuss our progress, please contact us at [email protected]
Our last community drop-in session was held in May 2019.
- All static machinery and plant is screened or enclosed
- Hoarding has been erected on the site boundaries
- Vehicle movements outside of standard hours is restricted
- Use of low level directional lighting
- The excavated material handling area is enclosed
- Two-way traffic flow along Chelsea Embankment has been maintained
- Public access to important events, such as Chelsea Flower Show and Masterpiece events, will be maintained
- Footpath diversions are clearly signposted
There are lots of ways to find out what’s happening at this site, you can:
- Call our 24 hour Tideway Helpdesk 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected]
- Take a moment to read the latest updates on the noticeboards on our hoardings.
- Email our dedicated Community Relations teams available to answer your questions or meet with you, via [email protected]
- Join our regular Community Liaison Working Group meetings, to attend the meetings or receive the minutes and presentations from past meetings, email [email protected].