Chelsea Embankment Foreshore
Our Chelsea Embankment site team has completed the installation of the 'sewer outfall flume', this means the existing sewage 'outfall' which is where sewage is released into the river can continue to operate normally while we carry out our works in the cofferdam. The 1.8m diameter pipes, each 27m long and weighing 27 tonnes, were lifted in and installed during one single low-tide window.
The team is now pushing ahead with closing the cofferdam structure, that will shape a new piece of land for public use following project completion.
What are our working hours?
Standard working hours are 8am to 6pm Monday-Friday and 8am-1pm Saturday. Also, there is a 1 hour mobilisation period before and after the Standard Working Hours, plus maintenance periods on Saturday 1-5pm and Sundays 10am-4pm.
There will be a short period of 24-hour working during the construction of the connection tunnel and secondary lining. However, these 24 hr activities will be predominantly below ground.
The date for our next CLWG for the Chelsea Embankment Foreshore site will be announced soon.
Our most recent CLWG was held on 27th November, 2018.
- All static machinery and plant is screened or enclosed
- Hoarding has been erected on the site boundaries
- Vehicle movements outside of standard hours is restricted
- Use of low level directional lighting
- The excavated material handling area is enclosed
- Two-way traffic flow along Chelsea Embankment has been maintained
- Public access to important events, such as Chelsea Flower Show and Masterpiece events, will be maintained
- Footpath diversions are clearly signposted
There are lots of ways to find out what’s happening at this site, you can:
- Call our 24 hour Tideway Helpdesk 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected]
- Take a moment to read the latest updates on the noticeboards on our hoardings.
- Email our dedicated Community Relations teams available to answer your questions or meet with you, via [email protected]
- Join our regular Community Liaison Working Group meetings, to attend the meetings or receive the minutes and presentations from past meetings, email [email protected].