Heathwall Pumping Station
Works at our Heathwall Pumping Station site are progressing well, and we are now moving to the next phase of excavation on both of our on-site shafts.
Within our cofferdam we are excavating a shaft to intercept overflows from the Pumping Station. We have now dug down to 14m, lining the structure with pre-cast concrete segments. We will now change technique and construct the remaining 12m by excavating down and using sprayed concrete to line the shaft.
Our in-land combined sewage overflow (CSO) shaft has been excavated to 30m below ground and we will continue constructing this using an underpinning method, installing pre-cast segment rings to line the shaft below the existing rings that are grouted in place. Once we have excavated 2m further, we will move to sprayed concrete technique for the remainder of the CSO shaft, down to 54m.
To facilitate this new phase of works, our working hours are changing to 24hrs from Monday to Friday beginning Monday 9 September until February 2020.
What are our working hours?
Standard working hours
08:00 - 18:00 Monday - Friday
08:00 - 13:00 Saturday
Extended working hours
We currently have extended working hours for construction of the shaft
18:00 - 22:00 Monday - Saturday
There is a mobilisaton period of up to one hour both before and after the working hours plus maintenance periods on Saturday 1-5pm and Sundays 10am-4pm.
There will be 24-hour working during the construction of the Heathwall/South West Storm Relief connection tunnel
Loading of barges and barge movements would take place within standard hours
The date of our next CLWG for Kirtling Street and Heathwall Pumping Station will be announced soon.
5 September, 2019 - Minutes will be uploaded shortly.
Previous minutes are available upon request, please contact the Tideway Helpdesk on 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected]
- All static machinery and plant is screened or enclosed
- Vehicle movements outside of standard hours are restricted
- Hoarding has been erected on the site boundaries
- Push (silent) piling is used wherever possible
There are lots of ways to find out what’s happening at this site, you can:
- Call our 24 hour Tideway Helpdesk 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected]
- Take a moment to read the latest updates on the noticeboards on our hoardings.
- Email our dedicated Community Relations teams available to answer your questions or meet with you, via [email protected]
- Join our regular Community Liaison Working Group meetings, to attend the meetings or receive the minutes and presentations from past meetings, email [email protected].