Heathwall Pumping Station
In order to create an area of land in the river to work from, we have created a watertight 'cofferdam' - the edging of which is now complete. To build a cofferdam we first had to install 'piles' in the river. These are thin, interlocking, metal sheets that we drive into the riverbed, one by one until the perimeter is sealed. We then drained the water from the new enclosed area.
We needed 41 'piles' to do this and the piles were up to 25m in length. The cofferdam structure now provides a dry working area for the team on the river. This will be the base for the new embankment, a new permanent area of land that will be created for public use following the completion of the project.
We previously contacted you regarding the changes to traffic management on Nine Elms Lane, outside of the Heathwall Pumping Station worksite. The changes are to facilitate the Tideway works whilst ensuring minimal impact to the local community and road users. This is to update you on those works.
What are our working hours?
Standard working hours are 8am to 6pm Monday-Friday and 8am-12pm Saturday. Also, there is a 1 hour mobilisation period before and after the Standard Working Hours, plus maintenance periods on Saturday 1-5pm and Sundays 10am-4pm.
There will be 24-hour working during the construction of the Heathwall/South West Storm Relief connection tunnel
Loading of barges and barge movements would take place within standard hours
The date for our next CLWG for our site at Heathwall Pumping Station is on 13th June 2019, from 18:00 to 20:00 at our Kirtling Street site.
7 March 2019, CLWG Minutes will be uploaded shortly
Previous minutes are available upon request, please contact the Tideway Helpdesk on 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected]
- All static machinery and plant is screened or enclosed
- Vehicle movements outside of standard hours are restricted
- Hoarding has been erected on the site boundaries
- Push (silent) piling is used wherever possible
There are lots of ways to find out what’s happening at this site, you can:
- Call our 24 hour Tideway Helpdesk 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected]
- Take a moment to read the latest updates on the noticeboards on our hoardings.
- Email our dedicated Community Relations teams available to answer your questions or meet with you, via [email protected]
- Join our regular Community Liaison Working Group meetings, to attend the meetings or receive the minutes and presentations from past meetings, email [email protected].