Heathwall Pumping Station
Starting on 21 January 2019 the layout of a section of Nine Elms Lane, outside of the Heathwall Pumping Station worksite, will be changing.
These changes are to facilitate the Tideway works whilst ensuring minimal impact to the local community and road users.
What are our working hours?
Standard working hours are 8am to 6pm Monday-Friday and 8am-12pm Saturday. Also, there is a 1 hour mobilisation period before and after the Standard Working Hours, plus maintenance periods on Saturday 1-5pm and Sundays 10am-4pm.
There will be 24-hour working during the construction of the Heathwall/South West Storm Relief connection tunnel
Loading of barges and barge movements would take place within standard hours
We have committed to using river transport as much as possible to reduce the number of heavy goods vehicles on the roads.
For Heathwall Pumping Station we anticipate an average of two barges will access the site per day, with each barge taking approximately 20 heavy goods vehicles off the road.
We are working through plans to ensure that the number of Heavy Goods Vehicles delivering materials and removing spoil is as few as possible.
- All static machinery and plant is screened or enclosed
- Vehicle movements outside of standard hours are restricted
- Hoarding has been erected on the site boundaries
- Push (silent) piling is used wherever possible
There are lots of ways to find out what’s happening at this site, you can:
- Call our 24 hour Tideway Helpdesk 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected]
- Take a moment to read the latest updates on the noticeboards on our hoardings.
- Email our dedicated Community Relations teams available to answer your questions or meet with you, via [email protected]
- Join our regular Community Liaison Working Group meetings, to attend the meetings or receive the minutes and presentations from past meetings, email [email protected].