Heathwall Pumping Station
Following a pause to our works as part of our response to the COVID-19 outbreak, we have resumed some work at our Heathwall Pumping Station site. We have introduced several additional precautions so that our team can do this work safely.
We have constructed two deep shaft structures which will drop intercepted sewage and redirect it towards the new super sewer.
The smaller of the two shafts was built within a cofferdam, a dry working area built out into the river. This shaft is 28m deep and will intercept the sewage from the Pumping Station. From the bottom of this shaft, we have excavated across to build a 42m-long tunnel that will connect to the deeper on-site shaft and are now preparing to cast the secondary lining of this tunnel.
Our deeper shaft reaches a depth of 47m below ground. From the bottom of this structure, we are constructing a tunnel portal, to allow us to begin construction of a tunnel that will connect the shaft to the main super sewer tunnel being constructed below the River Thames.
All non-essential staff who can work from home are doing so.
If you have any questions about this or our site at Heathwall Pumping Station please get in touch with our helpdesk on 08000 30 80 80 or [email protected]
What are our working hours?
Standard working hours
08:00 - 18:00 Monday - Friday
08:00 - 13:00 Saturday
Extended working hours
We are currently working 24 hours, Monday - Friday
As a precautionary measure due to the current public health situation, our Community Liaison Working Group meeting is currently postponed.
We’re sorry for any inconvenience this might cause, however please get in touch via our 24-hour Helpdesk on 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected] if you would like to speak to a member of the team.
Previous minutes are available upon request
- All static machinery and plant is screened or enclosed
- Vehicle movements outside of standard hours are restricted
- Hoarding has been erected on the site boundaries
- Push (silent) piling is used wherever possible
There are lots of ways to find out what’s happening at this site, you can:
- Call our 24 hour Tideway Helpdesk 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected]
- Take a moment to read the latest updates on the noticeboards on our hoardings.
- Email our dedicated Community Relations teams available to answer your questions or meet with you, via [email protected]
- Join our regular Community Liaison Working Group meetings, to attend the meetings or receive the minutes and presentations from past meetings, email [email protected].