Barn Elms (Richmond)
Barn Elms (Richmond)
The Barn Elms main work site is in the south eastern corner of the Barn Elms Schools Sports Centre site. The surrounding area is a combination of mainly playing fields, but also residential and community facilities.
The site will be used to intercept the West Putney Storm Relief combined sewer overflow.
As part of the works we will be replacing one of the changing room buildings at the Barn Elms Sports Centre. The current facilities will remain open until these new, modern and improved facilities are ready for use.
The current programme is to complete the replacement changing room works during 2018, with the main site works commencing following its completion.
Ahead of the main construction works Tideway is replacing the existing changing room building. This will provide the local community with a modern facility to compliment the sporting activities within the area. At present the main structural frame has been completed with works progressing on schedule.
Want to know more or get involved?
There are lots of ways to find out what’s happening at this site, you can:
- Call our 24 hour Tideway Helpdesk 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected].
- Take a moment to read the latest updates on the noticeboards on our hoardings.
- Visit Tideway's Community Information Centre at Carnwath Road, the first Tuesday of the month, 3pm – 7pm. Our team will be able to answer your questions and talk about the work.
- Join our regular Community Liaison Working Group meetings, to attend the meetings or receive the minutes and presentations from past meetings, email [email protected]. Meeting details will be emailed, published online and on site hoardings.
Tideway's River Times - West
The latest issue of Tideway's new regular community newsletter, produced especially for our neighbours in the west section of the project.
Barn Elms - Site Information
What are our working hours?
Standard working hours are 8am to 6pm Monday-Friday and 8am-12pm Saturday. Also, there is a 1 hour mobilisation period before and after the Standard Working Hours, plus maintenance periods on Saturday 1-5pm and Sundays 10am-4pm.
There will be approximately five months of 24-hour working. However, activities will be predominantly below ground.
How will we access the site?
An anticipated daily average of six heavy goods vehicles will access the site. This will rise to approximately 22 heavy goods vehicles per day, over an estimated one month period. This will be during the demolition of the existing changing room facility and the building of the construction access road.
Barm Elms - How we will minimise disruption
- Hoarding will be erected along the site boundary
- Netting will be erected above the hoarding to prevent balls from the playing fields entering the construction site
- Access and construction activities will be minimised during times of heavy recreational use of the playing fields.
- The use of surface cranes will be minimised outside of standard working hours
- Various other measures including using electric gantry cranes where practicable and electric forklifts will be used to reduce noise
- Onsite concrete batchers and static concrete re-mixers will be screened and not used outside standard hours
- Concrete breakers shall not be used at night (22:00 to 08:00) except in cases of emergency
- Set limits to control activities, such as noise (Section 61 approval) from LB Richmond
Barn Elms - Important site documents
Barn Elms - Community Liaison Working Group
The date for the next Putney Embankment Foreshore and Barn Elms CLWG will be announced soon.