Victoria Embankment Foreshore
Following a pause to our works as part of our response to the COVID-19 outbreak, we have resumed some work at our Victoria Embankment Foreshore site. We have introduced several additional precautions so that our team can do this work safely.
We have excavated a 48m deep shaft within our cofferdam, a dry working area built into the river. From the base of shaft we have resumed construction of our 17m long tunnel that will connect into the main super sewer being constructed under the River Thames. This tunnel is being constructed using the sprayed concrete lining technique, where we dig forward 1m, and then spray concrete onto the exposed ground.
We have recently been installing a steel liner, known as a flume, inside the existing sewer running along the embankment. This will ensure the sewer remains operational whilst we are demolishing the existing river wall structure around it in order to construct the new structures, that will intercept the sewer.
All non-essential staff who can work from home are doing so.
If you have any questions about this or our site at Victoria Embankment Foreshore please get in touch with our helpdesk on 08000 30 80 80 or [email protected]
What are our working hours?
Standard Working Hours
08:00 - 18:00 Monday - Friday
08:00 - 13:00 Saturday
Extended Working Hours
We are currently working extended hours at Victoria Embankment
24 hours Monday - Thursday
07:00 - 19:00 (23:00 if required) Friday
08:00 - 18:00 Saturday
If you would like to discuss the works with our team, please contact us at [email protected] or call 08000 30 80 80
- Two-way traffic flow along Victoria Embankment will be maintained at all times
- All static machinery and plant is screened or enclosed
- The excavated material handling area is enclosed
- Footpath diversions are clearly signposted
- Push (silent) piling is being used wherever possible
- Low level directional lighting
- A 2.4 metre noise barrier has been installed on the site boundary
- Work with the local authority and Transport for London to plan for major events such as New Year's Eve and the London Marathon
There are lots of ways to find out what’s happening at this site, you can:
- Call our 24 hour Tideway Helpdesk 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected]
- Take a moment to read the latest updates on the noticeboards on our hoardings.
- Email our dedicated Community Relations teams available to answer your questions or meet with you, via [email protected]
- Join our regular Community Liaison Working Group meetings, to attend the meetings or receive the minutes and presentations from past meetings, email [email protected].