Isabel Lambert, Site Engineer at Victoria Embankment
Victoria Embankment Foreshore
At Victoria Embankment, excavation of the 48m deep shaft is well underway. The team used a jacking method to install the first 14 pre-cast segment rings that line the shaft. The rings were placed around the perimeter of the shaft before being push into the ground. The area within was then excavated.
After the first 14 rings were successfully grouted in place the team swapped to an underpinning technique. This involves excavating down 1m, and installing the pre-cast rings below the current structure. This will be used for the remainder of the shaft.
What are our working hours?
Standard Working Hours
08:00 - 18:00 Monday - Friday
08:00 - 13:00 Saturday
There will be 24-hour working during the construction of the connection tunnel.
Details of the next opportunity to meet with the team conducting the work at Victoria Embankment will be available soon
Our most recent Community Liaison Working Group (CLWG) was held in May 2019.
- Two-way traffic flow along Victoria Embankment will be maintained at all times
- All static machinery and plant is screened or enclosed
- The excavated material handling area is enclosed
- Footpath diversions are clearly signposted
- Push (silent) piling is being used wherever possible
- Low level directional lighting
- A 2.4 metre noise barrier has been installed on the site boundary
- Work with the local authority and Transport for London to plan for major events such as New Year's Eve and the London Marathon
There are lots of ways to find out what’s happening at this site, you can:
- Call our 24 hour Tideway Helpdesk 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected]
- Take a moment to read the latest updates on the noticeboards on our hoardings.
- Email our dedicated Community Relations teams available to answer your questions or meet with you, via [email protected]
- Join our regular Community Liaison Working Group meetings, to attend the meetings or receive the minutes and presentations from past meetings, email [email protected].