Victoria Embankment Foreshore
At Victoria Embankment, construction of the 48m deep shaft to intercept the overflows at this site are into its third phase. The team began using a jacking method, of installing pre-cast segment rings around the perimeter of the shaft before pushing them into the ground and excavating the area within. Following successful installation of the first 14 rings, the team grouted the structure in place and changed to an underpinning method, where they install the segment rings below the existing rings as they excavate down.
The final 12.7m of the shaft will be constructed using sprayed concrete lining. This technique involves excavating down a metre before spraying concrete underneath the existing structure.
What are our working hours?
Standard Working Hours
08:00 - 18:00 Monday - Friday
08:00 - 13:00 Saturday
Extended Working Hours
We are currently working extended hours at Victoria Embankment
24 hours Monday - Thursday
07:00 - 19:00 (23:00 if required) Friday
08:00 - 18:00 Saturday
Details of the next opportunity to meet with the team conducting the work at Victoria Embankment will be available soon
Our most recent Community Liaison Working Group (CLWG) was held in May 2019.
- Two-way traffic flow along Victoria Embankment will be maintained at all times
- All static machinery and plant is screened or enclosed
- The excavated material handling area is enclosed
- Footpath diversions are clearly signposted
- Push (silent) piling is being used wherever possible
- Low level directional lighting
- A 2.4 metre noise barrier has been installed on the site boundary
- Work with the local authority and Transport for London to plan for major events such as New Year's Eve and the London Marathon
There are lots of ways to find out what’s happening at this site, you can:
- Call our 24 hour Tideway Helpdesk 08000 30 80 80 or email [email protected]
- Take a moment to read the latest updates on the noticeboards on our hoardings.
- Email our dedicated Community Relations teams available to answer your questions or meet with you, via [email protected]
- Join our regular Community Liaison Working Group meetings, to attend the meetings or receive the minutes and presentations from past meetings, email [email protected].